Who are major contributors?
These are the people we owe our jailbreaks to:
Do NOT harass these developers. They deserve your respect, and constant nagging will not benefit anyone.
- George Hotz (GeoHot): The "original jailbreaker". Service unlocked the first iPhone. Has since moved on to developing a self-driving car toolkit
- CoolStar: The developer of the Electra jailbreak, took matters into his own hands in making the iOS 11 jailbreak. He used Comex's "Substitute" (A Cydia Substrate alternative) to build his own code-injection system for iOS 11
- Electra Team: The developers working with Coolstar behind the iOS 11 jailbreak
- PanGu Team: Developer of PanGu jailbreaks for iOS 7, 8, and 9. Also ported TaiG's Jailbreak to Mac OS X
- The Evad3rs: Developers of Evasi0n jailbreak for iOS 6 and Evasi0n7 For iOS 7
- Luca Todesco (qwertyoruiop): Developer of Yalu102, assisted in development of Mach_Portal, and Extra_recipe+YaluX
- Ian Beer: Security researcher responsible for exploits like empty_list and multi_path
- LaughingQuoll: iOS tweak developer and former subreddit moderator
- Jay Freeman (Saurik): Saurik is the sole developer of Cydia and Cydia Substrate. He has shaped the format of modern jailbreaks and provides tools to make the jailbreak process more seamless
- 1Conan: Maintains and developed TSSSaver, a tool used for saving blobs